Once we determine where improvement opportunities lie, we can help you navigate how to implement changes that can lead to an improved patient experience and improved bottom line.
A list of commonly requested reports are below and our team can work with you to customize a report that fits your needs.
- Collections and A/R: This report keep an eye on the continued performance and effectiveness of the collections department. Our matched A/R reports and trending metrics including “A/R”, “Percentage of A/R over 90” and “Credit Balances”. All of which come complete with filtering capabilities and drill down to detailed patient listings.
- Practice Health Monitoring: Trend and track your practice’s financials across the board in relation to internal goals. Watch for major changes in charge volume or reimbursement compared to a stable payer like Medicare. You want to be aware if things need to be addressed without having to wait for your month end reports.
- Revenue Opportunities: This tool provides you with a way to quantify “What If” scenarios and their potential effects on revenues allowing you to focus your attention on the most impactful initiatives including shifts in E&M coding levels, improvements to claim lag times, increases in patient volumes or ancillary services and adding new physicians or practice locations.
- In addition, we provide: Charge Master Review, Underpayment Analysis, Contract Impact Analysis, New Contract Analysis, Proforma, and IPA Analysis.
- Scheduling: Monitoring scheduling analytics and leading Key Performance Indicators. Such as the utilization of schedule, wait times, no-show rates, cancellations or bumped appointments will maximize patient flow and the utilization of practice resources.
- Productivity: Leverage our wRVU Analysis environment to easily compare provider productivity indicators against industry or internal benchmarks. Or six month moving averages, last year to date or same month last year.
- Enrollment Report: Enrollment Reports show the number of enrollees for each of the CMOs. Also Traditional Medicaid, State Health Benefits Plan, Medicare Advantage, estimated Commercial. As well as an estimated self-pay population for each of the counties in the client’s market.
- In addition, we provide: Patient Liability Estimator, Referral Trend Analysis, E&M Coding, Denial Management, Charge Log Tracking, and Case Mix Analysis.
Network Collaboration and Integration with Performance Analytics
SHP has helped a community of independent providers come together with community based hospitals to collaborate on strategic goals. Along with provider engagement, compliance programs, and legal guidance, analytics and connectivity consistently remains the toughest obstacle to overcome. As a result we believe Performance Analytics is the solution.
- To best position for the current and future realities of healthcare, while maintaining focus on current operations, providers are turning to clinical integration as an option as value based healthcare unfolds.
- For an effective and legally approved approach, you must have the necessary data infrastructure to connect to one another in a HIPAA compliant environment and report in a detailed and benchmarking fashion across all parties.
- From an infrastructure perspective, any of the items above cannot occur without the ability to connect the various providers and disparate platforms. Our Performance Analytics checks the box on the most glaring and costly item with any provider integration initiative.