With the recent CMS updates about provider enrollment, we felt that we needed to bring you some timely information about these changes. We sat down with Raquel Grizzard SHP’s Provider Enrollment expert. She has been working in Provider Enrollment since 2014 and has seen her fair share of changes, but none as dramatic as this all at once.
We discuss DMEPOS, CHOW Filing, changes to the 8550, the new specialists that have been added, and more. Join Raquel Grizzard as she shares her insight and tricks of the trade for all things Provider Enrollment.
A brand-new season of “Beyond the Stethoscope: Vital Conversations with SHP.” Season 3 is on its way October 11, 2203, so stay tuned for more enlightening episodes that empower and educate.
We’re excited to have you onboard for another round of insightful conversations and vital discussions. Stay curious and stay connected with Strategic Healthcare Partners!
What to Expect in Season 3:
- Discover the success stories of Practice Administrators who have overcome challenges and found innovative solutions.
- Gain inspiration from Hospital CEOs and CFOs as they share how they’ve turned obstacles into opportunities.
- Hear firsthand accounts from Physician clients about the transformative impact of SHP’s services on their practices.
- Explore the world of data-driven healthcare through insights from clients who have utilized SHP analytics.
- Stay ahead in the healthcare landscape with expert discussions on the latest trends and topics.
- Stay updated on the 2024 Quality Payment Program changes through our dedicated segment.
“Greatest Hits” Repeats:
Before Season 3 kicks off, enjoy memorable moments from some of our past episodes. Every week in September, before Season 3 starts, relive thought-provoking discussions that made you laugh, ponder, and connect.
Stay Connected with SHP:
- Explore all podcast episodes, resources, and more on our website https://shpllc.com/podcasts.
- Subscribe to “Beyond the Stethoscope: Vital Conversations with SHP” on your preferred podcast platform.
- Share the podcast with colleagues, friends, and fellow healthcare enthusiasts to spread knowledge and inspiration.
In our last episode part of this 4 episode series, as well as last for Season 2, Jason Crosby and Aaron Higgins discuss the leadership style of the Yellow Tux himself, Jesse Cole, and how his passion and energy is shared across Banana Land.
In continuing of the series highlights, they recall case studies by their very first guest last season, Scott Regan, and how the leader can directly walk in the shoes of their patients. With the detailed insight into the game experience, further discussion on the culture comparisons highlight this last episode.
So, put on your yellow tux, grab a Slippery Banana, and listen in as they wrap up the season with highlights of the differences in culture and opportunities in creating fans of the provider setting.
This Wednesday, Episode 3: “The Triple Aim Meets the…Breakdancing First Base Coach”
In the 3rd part of a 4 episode series, Jason Crosby and Aaron Higgins peel back the magic a little bit more behind the Fans First culture of The Savannah Bananas and pick up where they left off with our culture comparisons.
This week, they look more into the experience once you’ve entered the gates for the game and discuss how the team members serve as the charge behind the energy in the stadium. They then compare that to a lack of staff engagement in a practice setting that sets a tone for the overall patient experience during that first call to schedule their appointment.
Listen in as they compare these interactions and value adds that highlight the differences in culture and opportunities in creating fans of the provider setting.
Most in our industry have heard of, or read the book, “What if Disney ran your hospital?”
In this episode, our host Jason Crosby starts a series in the same light as the well followed book, but in comparison to a nation-wide phenom, The Savannah Bananas.
Yep, the baseball team from South Georgia that has figured out how to sustain what they call “Fans First”.
Join Jason as he kicks off the series, “What if your healthcare provider went bananas?” as he highlights how the baseball team captures your attention and how a physician practice may learn something.
In this episode, Jason and Aaron follow up last week with part 2 of our series, “What if your healthcare provider went Bananas?” We’ll talk about patient and fan engagement and how the fan experience can translate to our industry. And the correlation to the good old Triple Aim we are all familiar with. So, let’s look into how patient and staff engagement may benefit from this Fans First mentality. Get your banana suit, or tux ready, and let’s go Bananas….